Upon enrollment, the following are required:
Students who took a Leave of Absence (LOA) due to sickness are required to submit:
- Form 138
- Average of 80 and above
- Certificate of good moral behavior
- Pass the Intelligence Test and the Musical Aptitude Test
- Instrumental and Vocal Audition
- Personal Interview by the Dean
- A medical certificate issued by the university physician that they are physically and mentally fit prior to re-admission and written intention to be re-admitted.
- Students who took a Leave of Absence due to financial or other reasons are required to submit their written intention to be re-admitted.
- Anyone desirous of improving musical skills may enroll in the Conservatory of Music as special student after a personal interview with the dean.
- Freshmen, Transferees, Shifters who passed the Aptitude Test, the Audition Examination and shall have complied with the admission requirements may enroll on Probation. They shall be required to comply with any of the said conditions stipulated in the Agreement for Admission. Failure to comply with any of the said conditions shall be a ground for denial of admission.
- Old Students who obtained any two (2) Incomplete, Dropped or Has Not Attended grades or One (1) Failing grade (Major or Minor Course) in any semester shall be denied admission. However, students who complete their incomplete grades before the enrollment period may be admitted on probation. Students who are denied admission may file a Petition for Retention with the Committee on Admission and Retention.
- Students are allowed only two (2) probation. If students violate any of the conditions in the Admission Agreement after the second probation then they shall be denied admission.
- BM students are required to join a large ensemble i.e. Choir, USA Band, String Ensemble, Rondalla and should participate in all activities of the department. Students who fail to comply with these requirements shall be denied admission. However, students may file Petition for Retention with the Committee on Admission and Retention. The Committee shall submit to the Dean its recommendation for his/her appropriate action. Petition for Retention may be granted once. Note: (The Director shall submit to the Deans office the evaluation of the student’s performance in a large ensemble and participation in the activities of the College during the previous semester.)
- After the director shall have evaluated the students’ performance in a large ensemble and participation in the activities of the College students who need to improve their performance shall be required to enroll in a remedial class. (Schedule and payments to be arranged at the office.)
- Students (except new enrollees who are already required to execute the Admission Agreement upon enrolment) who failed to comply with the afore-stated policies are required to execute and submit to the College during enrollment or re-admission an “Admission Agreement”, duly signed by them with the conformity of their parents or guardians, if minors, and approved by the Dean.