To mark the 500 Years of Christianity in the Philippines, a Dinagyang Monument Regional Design Competition will be held.
The winning design in the competition will be used as the Dinagyang Monument Bronze Commemorative Statue along the Iloilo Esplanade near the University of San Agustin.
The Dinagyang Monument is envisioned to be a set of tableaux of bronze sculptures, prominently placed at the Esplanade of Iloilo City, from where both the Ilonggos and the tourists can have a glimpse of the endearing cultural identity of the place. Its aim is to become a platform of commemoration of the rich history, culture and identity of the City and her people. Specifically, it celebrates how the devotion to the Holy Child Jesus, who is celebrated locally in the traditional Dinagyang, has become part of the cultural landscape of the Filipino community.
The Dinagyang Monument will be erected in celebration of the 500 Years of Christianity in the Philippines in which the Augustinians have been greatly involved in.
The bronze monument is eyed as a landmark which is similar in height to the existing Datu Paiburong Monument erected at Esplanade 1, with the same material as that of the St. Augustine Scholar Statue found at the Plaza de San Agustin of the University of San Agustin.
The following elements must be incorporated into the monument design:
1. Each participant is only allowed to submit one (1) entry. His or her entry must be an original work, exclusively conceptualized and executed by the participant for the Dinagyang Monument Regional Design Competition in celebration of the 500 Years of Christianity in the Philippines. The entry must not have been exhibited before, revised, and recognized in other competitions within Western Visayas or outside the region. A notarized certificate of original design is required.
2. The participant should have a capacity to convert the concept into a 3-D (threedimensional) miniature model or maquette.
The competition is open to:
Western Visayans, or citizens of Western Visayas
Who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of submission of initial entry;
With valid Tax Identification Number (TIN) issued by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)
Competition organizers*, as well as their relatives by consanguinity or affinity up to the third civil degree are not eligible to participate in the design competition.
1. The three (3) finalists shall be exhibited in the University of San Agustin.
2. The winner and selected design will be posted on the University of San Agustin Official
Website and social media accounts.
3. The prizes are as follows:
a. 1st Prize: PhP200,000.00
b. 2nd Prize: PhP100,000.00
c. 3rd Prize: PhP50,000.00
d. 4th and 5th Prize: PhP10,000.00 each
16 February 2021
Launching of the Dinagyang Monument Regional Design Competition
17 May 2021
Deadline of submission of entries, application form, and documentary requirements
21 May 2021
Judging Elimination Round
24 May 2021
Announcement of the three (3) finalists (through the official website and social media accounts). Finalists will be notified by the University of San Agustin via e-mail.
4 July 2021
Deadline of submission of the maquettes and technical drawings until 5:00 PM at the Philanthropic, External and Alumni Relations Office, G/F Dolce Garcia Hall, University
of San Agustin, General Luna St., Iloilo City.
13-15 July 2021
Exhibit of the Finalists and Judging Final Round
15 July 2021 (Thursday)
Announcement of Winner