GUIDANCE SERVICES AND TESTING CENTER (GSTC)
The University of San Agustin believes that today’s students’ have needs which may not be adequately met by the instructional program alone. In consonance with the philosophy and objectives of the University, the following governs the guidance services by the institution:
- Every human being has a right to optimum development and to seek his own identity.
- Developmental education is something more than just instructional mastery: it demands an integrated growth of the person.
The following are the objectives of the Guidance Services and Testing Center:
- To help students discover and develop their potentials:
- To facilitate opportunities for self-understanding, acceptance of self and others, acquisition of true values, and learning to make mature choices: and
- To train the students to develop skills in interpersonal communication and social interaction.
To assist students/individuals in gaining insights to solve problems and to develop their potentials.
We share and analyze information with parents, faculty and administration to facilitate decision-making and to utilize strategies for helping students.
Our role then is to invite the student to see us and explore with them strategies to help them cope with their challenges.
After individual coaching or counseling, we follow up students to see how well they are doing. It is the key so that students can be assisted until their issues have been fully addressed
This helps the students achieve realistic evaluation of their intelligence, aptitude, interest, and personality which is a requirement for an effective career choice.