There will be a USARDFI Logo Making contest for students and alumni of the University of San Agustin with a corresponding criteria.
The Description of the Logo of the USARDFI states:
The corporate seal of the corporation shall consist of a circular design with the motif of the corporation and along its circular border shall be inscribed the name, University of San Agustin Research and Development Foundation, Inc., Iloilo City, Philippines.
Mission and Vision of USARDFI
Mission: The USARDFI is to engage in charitable, religious, scientific, cultural, research and social development undertakings in line with the vision and mission of the University of San Agustin.
Vision: The vision of the USARDFI is anchored on the universal vision of the University of San Agustin to search for, discover and share the Truth (Gaudium de Veritate) for the promotion of authentic human and societal development.
- This competition is open to THE PUBLIC (individual or group).
- Participating individuals or teams may submit a MAXIMUM of TWO ENTRIES only.
- Entries should be submitted in the following formats:
- JPEG, GIF, Adobe Illustrator compatible or Adobe Photoshop compatible, fit to vertical A4 size with minimum 300 dpi and in its original raw file
- A brief description or rationale (not more than 150 words) which explains the concept, design, and elements used in the logo should be included in the submission of the entry.
- All entries must be sent with subject title “USARDFI Logo Entry_Last Name, First Name” via email to: email@example.com
- The participants must declare that the submitted design/s is original, has not been submitted to any other competition, and does not infringe on any third party’s existing copyrights. The participant/s is/are held liable to any complaints which may arise if there may be question/s to the logo design such as its similarities or likeness to other existing logos.
- The date of the contest will be from October 27 to November 29 at 5:00PM. Judging of the Logo Making Contest will be on November 30, 2023.
- The deadline of submission is on November 29 at 5:00 PM.
- Upon submission of entry/entries, the participant authorizes the USARDFI to publish the name/s and all other information relative thereto.
- Announcement of winners and the launching of the winning USARDFI logo will be on December 1, 2023 at the Kasanag sang Paskwa Event.
- All winning entries (grand prize and consolation prizes) shall be considered the property of the USARDFI and shall have the exclusive rights of the winning logo.
- The USARDFI reserves the right to further refine or make improvements and alterations on the final artwork of the winning entry to align with the objectives of the event.
Criteria for Judging:
1. Relevance to Mission and Vision of USARDFI (40%): The logo should align with the USARDFI’s mission and values, reflecting its commitment to research and development as well as the eight advocacies of the University of San Agustin. Consider how the logo might be perceived by the foundation’s target audience and stakeholders.
2. Creativity, Originality, Clarity and Conceptual Depth (30%): The logo should be unique and creative, avoiding clichés or overused design elements, easily recognizable and understandable, even when scaled down or displayed in different contexts. Evaluate how well the logo adapts to different backgrounds and color schemes. A good logo should have a timeless quality, avoiding trends that may quickly become outdated. Assess if the logo carries a meaningful concept or symbolism related to research and development.
3. Aesthetic Appeal (25%): The logo should be visually appealing, inviting, and engaging. It should work well in various applications, including digital and print media, merchandise, and signage. Consider the choice of colors and typography, ensuring they convey the desired tone and message. Ensure that the logo is well-crafted, with clean lines and high-resolution graphics. Check for any potential copyright or trademark issues and ensure the logo is an original creation.
5. Overall Impact (5%): Assess the overall impact and emotional resonance of the logo.
TOTAL = 100%
Champion = Php 10,000
2nd Prize = Php 6,000
3rd Prize = Php 4,000
All participants in the logo making contest will be given a Certificate of Participation
For more inquiries and updates, please contact
Ms. Felinor P. Villa, Executive Director, USARDFI
USARDFI Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Nos.: USARDFI – 09171477060, PEAR – 09399149729